I’ve made a few different versions of this my own laundry soap over the years. As we wait for the welcome of our newest little babe, I wanted to create a version of the laundry soap that I knew for sure would be SAFE for infants and I wouldn’t have to use multiple different recipes for the household. I also wanted it to be EFFECTIVE and actually handle tough stains and leave clothes feeling fresh and super clean.
I shared my newest batch on Instagram and I had MANY people ask me for the recipe so I decided to create THIS blog and let y’all into my personal recipe!
Let’s Make It!
- First find yourself a glass jar or tightly sealed storage container that can hold approximately 6 cups of powder! Add in the first 2 cups of washing soda.
- Add in 1 cup of baking soda.
- Grate half a bar of castile soap bar of choice (it could be scented or unscented, I used KIRKS because that’s what I had on hand).
- Mix all together with a large cooking spoon.
- Add the next 2 cups of washing soda, the 1 cup of baking soda, and the final half of the grated bar and mix again.
- Use a 1/4 cup per washing load!
One of my followers asked me what would happen to the grated soap in the recipe once it got to the washing machine – the answer is – it dissolves! YES! I promise. This doesn’t leave any residue on your clothes and leaves your clothes REALLY clean.
BONUS: If you’d like to add a natural clothes softener, you can add some white distilled vinegar into the fabric softener component of your machine and it does a great job of softening clothes and no it does not leave a vinegar smell on your stuff!
In health and sovereingty,
PS. Share in the comments how making this went for you and if you added anything that made it extra amazing!
UPDATE: A friend shared that she tried a similar recipe and had a reaction. My response is to change the brand of ingredients. Sometimes that makes a WORLD of a difference.