In my culture we have a dish called “Arroz Con Pollo” which is a crazy elaborate version of this extremely simple chicken and rice stew I created. Some of the elements are similar and texture wise it is also very similar, but it is absent of a TON of ingredients that are frankly, time consuming and not necessary for an excellent quick dish.
This dish is a fusion of chicken soup and rice with some surprising ingredients to help you make this a healing tonic as well!
Average Prep Time: 10 minutes
Average Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 2 Adults (2 meals each) 1 Infant (2 meals)
1 lb of organic chicken (I prefer to use pieces with bones in order to extract some bone broth into the soup.)
2 cups of organic veggie broth
1 cup of water
2 medium organic carrots (or 7 small ones)
1/2 organic yellow onion
2 ribs of organic celery
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp. of turmeric
Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
1 tsp. of black pepper
1/2 cup of Basmati Rice (any long grain rice will work)
- In large pot place defrosted/cool pieces of rinsed chicken along with veggie broth and water, set to medium rolling boil.
- In food processor mince garlic, celery, carrots, and onion. Then toss into the broth to boil.
- Allow to simmer/slow boil for 30 minutes.
- Take pieces of chicken out and shred into small chewable pieces (think baby) and toss back into soup.
- Add in 1/2 cup of long grain rice, sea salt, pepper and turmeric. Stir to combine. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm!
- Note: For baby you may have to blend the stew a bit to make it easier for them depending on how many teeth they have and how good they are with solids.
This meal was hearty, easy, and delicious! The baby was a HUGE fan as were we! We hope you enjoy it as much as we did!